Supervising-in-a-Box Series: Full Series
Published on 05/03/2012
Employees report that the supervisory relationship is one of the most significant factors in their decision to leave or stay with an organization. Are you, as a supervisor, adequately prepared for this responsibility?
Even if your institution already has a formal training program for supervisors, use Supervising-in-a-Box to create highly productive teams that reduce employee turnover, capitalize on diverse innovative thinking, and ultimately strengthen their bottom lines.
The Supervising-in-a-Box Series provides resources for addressing unconscious bias and institutional barriers that affect five different supervisory job functions. Each box focuses on one job function. The different boxes in the Supervising Series are:
- Employee Recruitment/Selection focuses on hiring the best talent.
- Employee Development focuses on ensuring that employees contribute their best ideas and talents to the team.
- Team/Project Management focuses on running an effective, innovative, and productive team.
- Performance Review/Talent Management focuses on equitably advancing the best talent.
- Supervisors as Change Agents focuses on working for cultural reform with other managers and company leaders.
Learn how to implement the “The Action to Catalyze Tech (ACT) Report” recommendations: https://ncwit.org/CatalyzeTech.