AiC Recognitions Content Coordinator
Location: Remote or Boulder, CO
NCWIT convenes, equips, and unites more than 1,600 change leader organizations nationwide to increase the influential and meaningful participation of girls and women — at the intersections of race/ethnicity, class, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, and other historically marginalized identities — in the field of computing, particularly in terms of innovation and development.
The NCWIT Aspirations in Computing (AiC) program changes what’s possible for women in technology from K-12 through career by offering the kind of encouragement that combats isolation, enables long-term persistence, opens doors, and changes lives. AiC uses program elements that spark interest in computing; recognizes and celebrates women’s technical aspirations and abilities, as well as the educators who support them (AiC Award Recognitions); and, provides an expansive, supportive network (AiC Community). This position will contribute significantly to the coordination of the NCWIT Aspirations in Computing Award Recognitions programs.
The AiC Recognitions Content Consultant will draft and maintain key program messaging for Aspirations Recognitions including award and volunteer programs. They will collaborate with program staff and the internal Communications team to organize and implement outbound communications to program applicants, participants, influencers, and award recipients, with a heavy emphasis on outbound email marketing.
Recognitions Program External Communications (80%)
- Draft and maintain core messaging for all award and volunteer programs.
- Build and maintain segmented audience lists for targeted communications to students, parents, and educators for email, voice and text marketing.
- Design engaging messaging campaigns including copywriting, layout, and visuals.
- Update and implement annual email communication plans to achieve program outreach goals.
- Track and analyze delivery and effectiveness of outbound campaigns.
- Recommend and implement communication processes that increase efficiency and transparency for key stakeholders including team members, lead volunteers and internal departments.
- Prepare award announcements for web publishings and press releases.
- Prepare annual content updates for the website.
- Prepare blog posts for internal and external partners.
- Maintain the partner organization database
- Collaborate with the communications team on content coordination
- Create program presentations and powerpoint decks.
Recognitions Program Planning (20%)
- Participate in regular program planning meetings to develop strong marketing and communications outreach plans.
- Collaborate with the AiC Recognitions team in planning virtual and in-person events that recognize and celebrate AiC award recipients.
- Draft event speeches and organize annual staff congratulations video.
- Contribute to award program strategy, applications, rubrics, and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree with three years of communications or marketing experience, preferably in non-profit
- Strong writing skills
- Experience with marketing communications programs such as Mailchimp, Constant Contact, or similar
- Passion for NCWIT’s mission
- Experience or knowledge of the K12 computing education ecosystem
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Project management and project tracking experience
- Strong data analysis and management skills
- Advanced knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, email, and database software programs
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team, excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities, often under time pressures
- Ability to multitask, change priorities when necessary, and follow through with all assignments
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and technology platforms and tools
- Experience with volunteer-run organizations
- Ability to work with and coordinate groups of people
- Familiarity with SuiteCRM or similar relationship management software
Details about the position:
- Up to 30 hours/ week
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- This is a contract position
How To Apply – email cover letter and resume to [email protected]