Engage with Pedagogy: Use teaching strategies to keep students engaged and learning together
Actionable Steps and Practices
- Engage students with broadly appealing, stereotype-free examples and assignments that emphasize the real-world relevance of computing.
- Increase students’ confidence and sense of community with well-structured collaborative learning and an inclusive, interactive class environment.
- Understand and combat the effects of unconscious bias and stereotype threat.
- Offer direct encouragement and provide role models to help underrepresented students see themselves in computing.
- Emphasize that computing skills are gained through experience and effort.