The Tech Inclusion Journey (TIJ)TM is a unique, scalable software platform that empowers change leaders in corporations and higher education institutions to implement systemic, sustainable approaches to the creation of inclusive cultures.
How the TIJ Works
The platform brings together a decade-plus of NCWIT research and experience of working with technology organizations and institutions of higher education, and it is the first of its kind to address typical pitfalls of traditional approaches to diversity and inclusion. These pitfalls include:
- an overreliance on “diversity training” and other mandatory or “compliance” based efforts
- implementation of “piecemeal” or “checkbox” diversity solutions
- lack of ownership by technical leaders in industry and academia
Instead, the TIJ employs a strategic, but NOT prescriptive, approach—guiding change leaders through a three-step “journey” that is owned by technical leaders in industry and academia, implemented at the team level.
Participating organizations experience promising results:
- the reduction of reports of bias in everyday organizational processes
- increases in hiring, retention and advancement rates for women in technical roles
- increases in reports of ability to recognize and intervene in biased interactions and systems