The NCWIT AspireIT Toolkit helps anyone interested in designing engaging and inclusive computer science experiences for K-12 students, with a focus on broadening the participation of girls, women, and other underrepresented populations. The Toolkit equips facilitators with the resources and support they need to create sustainable and lasting change in their communities.
Click on the plus sign button in each section below to learn more.
Find activities, a “How-To” Guide for running a program, and examples from community members showcasing a variety of program types.
Find research to show why computer science programming is important, how to engage underrepresented groups, and NCWIT resources to assist in creating meaningful programs.
Find ways to connect with other educators, initiatives, and mentors to help you and your participants succeed.
AspireIT Evaluation Stipends
- As an individual involved with NCWIT and/or the Aspirations in Computing (AiC) program, you have access to free resources for creating computing experiences in your community. Access the AspireIT One-Day Event Guide and AspireIT Toolkit “How-To” Guides to help you develop computing experiences and (if you qualify) request stipends for participating in the evaluation of your event(s).
- NCWIT is excited to offer AspireIT Evaluation Stipends for participation in our evaluation program. Stipends of $500 are available on a first-come, first-served basis to individuals who fulfill the requirements of the program, which consist of collecting and sharing specific evaluation data for your computing experience or program.
- Please carefully read through the AspireIT Evaluation Stipend Guidelines. These guidelines and procedures will help you determine if you are eligible to request a stipend and ensure that you collect all of the evaluation data you need to share with NCWIT.
- After reading through the guidelines and determining if you are eligible, follow this link to submit an AspireIT Evaluation Stipend Request. 2023 AspireIT Evaluation Stipend Requests open on January 17, 2023 and close June 15, 2023.
ONE-DAY EVENT GUIDE
Check out the NCWIT AspireIT One-Day Event Guide to gather tips on how to implement a one-day computing outreach event/workshop in your community.
- Download the One-Day Event Guide: (PDF)
If you need assistance in navigating the Toolkit, please watch the Toolkit Overview video below that breaks down the individual sections of the Toolkit and outlines what each component has to offer. If you have any questions or need additional guidance with the Toolkit, please reach out to us at [email protected] and we will be happy to assist.
The NCWIT AspireIT Toolkit is supported by Infosys Foundation USA.