As recently as 2017, Latinas occupied only 1 percent of jobs in the computing workforce. But when young women are inspired—when they find role models like themselves—they can change what’s possible. In fact, young women with empowered voices go on to change the lives of their families, neighborhoods, and communities at the same time they change their own.
A national initiative coproduced with the Televisa Foundation, TECHNOLOchicas speaks to young Latinas and their families, raising awareness about opportunities and careers in technology.
Ambassadors from diverse backgrounds share their technology career experiences, turning broadcast television, local events, social media, and online videos into tools of inspiration. In speaking engagements, workshop volunteering, interviews, and outreach, TECHNOLOchicas’ powerful stereotype-shattering encounters inspire young women to chart their own trajectories.
TECHNOLOchicas helps Latinas see themselves in technology innovation and leadership, showing them that they can influence the future of computing and the well-being of their communities.
- Join us on social media: Follow @technolochicas on Twitter.
- Like TECHNOLOchicas on Facebook for daily tips, inspirational quotes, and Latinas in technology news to share with friends.
- Follow @technolochicas on Instagram—see event highlights through their eyes.
- Host an event: Ask someone in the TECHNOLOchicas program to make an appearance, or screen videos for young Latinas at schools or community organizations. (Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Identify more Latinas in technology who could be profiled in the TECHNOLOchicas campaign. Encourage them to contact email@example.com for more information.
For more information, download this information sheet.
Visit the TECHNOLOchicas site for videos, events, and resources for encouraging Latinas to pursue computing.