Introduction: This section provides data and research-based information on broadening participation in computing and how hosting a state summit can help accomplish this essential goal.
Planning the State Summit: There are key decisions that will shape the summit, including: identifying goals, selecting a theme, identifying the audience, and selecting and preparing speakers.
Tools & Resources: Templates, Checklists & Additional Tips: Use these additional ready-made resources as needed to simplify the summit planning process.
- Tips for Making Your Summit Accessible
- Event Planning Framework
- Planning Checklist & Timeline
- Determining the Budget: Tips & Considerations
- Securing Event Space & Request for Proposal Template
- Sample Summit Themes
- Sample Summit Themes & Representative Agendas
- Communication Strategy: Tips for Before, During & After Summit
- Day of Summit Event Management Checklist
- Tips for Conducting Evaluation
- Evaluation Template